These deep fried vegetable spring rolls are a great appetizer before lunch or dinner. Light, crispy and delicious vegetables fried in a wrapper truly bring this treat to life. There the perfect starter to number of tasty Asian dishes (see below for suggestions).
- 1 (4 oz.) package rice vermicelli, soaked in cold water, drained and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4.7 oz.) package Blue Dragon Spring Roll Wrappers
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except the wraps and oil and mix. Place wraps on a damp cloth towel and fill each wrap with 2 tablespoons of the vegetable medley at one end of the wrap.
- Fold the sides of the wrap inward, and then begin rolling the rest of the wrap up, starting at the mixture side. Seal edges of the roll by moistening with water.
- In a deep pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Carefully place a batch of rolls (3-4 at a time) in to the oil and fry for 5-7 minutes. In that time frequently turn the rolls while frying to ensure each roll is cooked all over and golden brown.
- When finished drain rolls on paper towels and let cool for a couple minutes before serving.
If preferred you can make spring rolls ahead of time and keep frozen until needed. Spring rolls may be kept in fridge until ready to fry too, up to two days in advance.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS