Also called “esquites”, this grilled Mexican street corn salad is an amazing appetizer to your meal or to serve at your next party. Grilled corn combined with a creamy dressing and kicked up with jalapenos certainly bring this dish alive.
Recipe Inspired by Brittany Mullins/Eating Bird Food
Photo: Elena Veselova/Shutterstock
- 4 ears of fresh, sweet corn
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Coat ear of corn with olive oil; grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove corn from grill and let cool before using a knife to cut the corn kernels off the cob into a bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, and cheese to the bowl of corn kernels. Toss to mix and in a separate small bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and cilantro.
- Combine creamy dressing with corn ingredients and mix well. Top with additional cilantro, cheese and chili powder if you desire. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you don't have any cojita cheese, feta cheese will also work as a good substitute.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS