These mini quiche Lorraine are an easy and tasty appetizer for brunch, dinner or any particular occasion you have coming up.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
Originating in the Lorraine region of France, this appetizer dish is the perfect setup for any meal or occasion. While most quiche come with cheese in it, this one has omitted that altogether and is comprised of just eggs and low fat milk instead. You can easily substitute a green vegetable of your choice into the quiche as well, such as spinach, kale, bell peppers, etc.
Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Main Ingredients: Green vegetables, eggs, low fat milk, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning
Nutrition Facts ( 1 piece): 231 calories, 18 grams total fat, 178 milligrams cholesterol, 402 milligrams sodium, 6 grams carbohydrates, 15 grams protein
Best time to eat: Setup as an appetizer for brunch or dinner. Additionally this is also a great appetizer piece for a party or special event.
*Do note that vegetables for this recipe are optional. If not using vegetables, disregard step 1 altogether.
In addition to this appetizer, check out these other starters as well
- Easy Bean and Garlic Dip
- Dark Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Tropical Spice Blueberry Fruit Salsa
- Beer Battered Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1 cup green vegetable of choice (spinach, kale, peppers, etc.) - optional
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spoon 1/4 cup of vegetables into custard cups or muffin pan cups. Do note that vegetables for this recipe are optional. If not using vegetables, disregard this step and move on to step 2.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasonings until all are well blended. Pour about 2/3 cup of the egg mixture over vegetables in each cup.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 231Total Fat: 18gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 15g
You still got to eat right? Once you’re done with your quiche check out these main dishes to keep the good vibes going
- Grilled Chicken Breast With Orange Glaze and Citrus Butter Sauce
- Easy Steak Diane Recipe
- Shiner Bock Beef Stew With Grilled Veggies
- Cajun Style Gumbo With Shrimp, Sausage and Bacon
Hope you enjoyed this and many of the other recipes here on Dirty Napkins. Feel free to comment below and continue to show your love for everything food and drink.