Your official soup of the summer is here! This summer vegetarian soup is super easy to make and will check all your boxes for healthy, good eating. It comes equipped with tomatoes, basil and you guessed it…avocados.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
Before you say anything, I know what you’re thinking. This is a recipe for soup and you’re suggesting that we eat it for summer. Normally a time reserved for grilling and serving up delicious barbecue and grub, and we’re promoting soup. What seems to be the disconnect here?
Not yanking your chain here, just prep for a yummy bowl of soup. If you tend to your garden around the heated months, you’re provided with lush beautiful veggies that you can use going into the cooler months to help prepare the best veggie soup imaginable. With avocados being the main protagonist in this dish, you have a versatile vegetable that’s good all year round and is packed with healthy nutritious benefits that you wouls cherish in any meal.
Accompanied by tomatoes and a mix of herbs, this soup is not only tasty but is so simple to make. You’ll literally be in and out of the kitchen in less than 5 minutes before you’re enjoying yourself a delicious bowl.
Summer Vegetarian Soup with Avocados
Main Ingredients: Avocados, tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 126 calories, 10 grams fat, 136 milligrams sodium, 9 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
Best time to eat: A good soup to eat year round really, but definitely a go-to if you want to feel those summer vibes
If you have summer eats on the brain, but you’re more of a heat and meat type of person, here are some great grilling suggestions for your next cookout
- Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs (Anticuchos)
- Grilled Lemon Shrimp And Mushrooms
- Southwest Lamb Burger with Tomato-Mango Ketchup
- Gourmet Greek Lamb Burgers
- 4 avocados, skin and pit removed
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, and basil to taste
- bean sprout, corn, and/or chives to garnish, optional
- Simply throw everything into a food processor and mix until it is smooth. If you find that it is more like a smoothie than soup, simply add more oil for smoother, creamier result
- Pour into bowls and garnish with bean sprouts, corn, minced chives or any other garnish of your preference.
In addition to this soup dish, be sure to also check out other delicious soup dishes for when you’re looking for a nice bowl of comfort.