This ham and egg casserole is the perfect start to your morning. Put this in the refrigerator the night before and pop into the oven the day of when you’re ready to eat.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
Rise and shine, breakfast is served. And we’re not talking bowls of cereal or oatmeal here, we’re talking about something so much better. You’ll automatically know what’s in store by the smell of egg, cheese and baked ham coming out of the oven. You’re about to indulge into a wonderfully baked ham and egg casserole.
The classic combination of the meat, egg and cheese compliment each other as they come together for a delicious breakfast meal. As a suggestion, this is a great dish to prepare overnight so that by morning all you have to do is pop it into the oven and just let it bake to perfection.
Ham and Egg Casserole Recipe
Main Ingredients: Cubed ham, eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, white bread
Nutrition Facts ( 1 serving): 247 calories, 17 grams total fat, 401 milligrams cholesterol, 617 milligrams sodium, 5 grams carbohydrates, 21 grams protein
Photo by Lauri Patterson
- 8 slices white bread (crust removed, cut into cubes)
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cup cubed ham (cooked)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers (chopped)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups milk
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Top with cheese, ham, onions, and green bell peppers.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and pour over ham and cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove casserole from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place in preheated oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until casserole sets in. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 247Total Fat: 17gCholesterol: 401mgSodium: 617mgCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 21g
If you were fan of this ham and egg casserole, check out these other great breakfast recipes that’ll sure to get your morning started right
- Delicious Golden Brown Banana Wheat Streusel Muffins
- Baked Breakfast Bread Bowls
- Amazing Stuffed French Toast With Raspberries
- Tuscan Style French Toast Casserole
Comment below on your thoughts of this dish…