This delicious French toast casserole has an amazing taste with a crunchy cinnamon-sugar bite that you can’t resist! Have it for breakfast, have it for dinner, have any time you’re craving a tasty cinnamon treat.
- 1 large loaf of thick Texas toast (10 slices)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole or reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- raisins, blueberries and nuts (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat the interior of the ovenproof baking dish with cooking spray or butter. Take your slices of Texas toast and trim bread slices to a shape and size that will fit evenly inside the dish.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and then place bread slices in egg mixture until liquid is absorbed. Combine chopped pecans and maple syrup in the bottom of the baking dish, and dot the surface with the butter.
4. Pack the soaked bread slices in the baking dish until it's fully covered the bottom. Note: be sure that your bread does not reach past the lip of the baking dish.
5. Place baking dish on a baking sheet to prevent any drips, and place all in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is lightly browned and center is firm.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle top with maple syrup. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Garnish with raisins, blueberries, and more nuts (or any other garnish of your choosing).
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS