This recipe for crispy blue cheese and bacon French fries is sure to be your new favorite guilty pleasure.
Photo by Brooke Lark
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen French fries
- 6 slices bacon (sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread French fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until fries are golden and crispy.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until bacon is evenly browned. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving some of the bacon grease in the skillet. Slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- Stir butter into the bacon grease and set skillet over medium heat; add scallions and garlic. Cook and stir until scallions are soft and browning (about 5 minutes). Add blue cheese and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted through and mixed.
- Stir in half-and-half until sauce is smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Arrange fries on a plate and drizzle sauce over fries. Sprinkle with bacon strips and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS