This classic bananas foster recipe is a showstopper. With the delicious combination of bananas, dark rum, liqueur, and cinnamon this is sure to win over any crowd. And of course don’t forget the vanilla ice cream for the final act.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 bananas (peeled and halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 fluid ounces banana liqueur
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until butter melts and mixture begins to bubble and thicken.
- Place bananas, cut-side down, in brown sugar mixture. Cook for about 30 seconds until banana slices are just about golden. Flip and continue to cook until golden on the other side (another 30 seconds).
- Remove skillet from heat. Pour dark rum and banana liqueur into skillet and coat bananas. Return skillet back to high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until alcohol ignites and flames out. Remove skillet from heat.
- You can keep finished product in your skillet or place into bowls (4). Scoop vanilla ice cream on top of bananas dash with cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 497Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 60gSugar: 48gProtein: 2g
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS