For a delicious dessert, here’s a great one for lemon meringue pie. It’s quick and easy, and still has a great flavor that’s not too lemony but sweet enough to enjoy.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
What could be more tasty than a delicious lemon meringue pie? From the sweet/tart tango you get from the lemon curd filling, to the light airy elements of the meringue topping, you’re in for one amazing treat.
Serve the pie warm straight from the oven for, or for easy Lemon Meringue Bars, just make the recipe in an 8-inch square pan and serve chilled.
Delicious Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Main Ingredients: Lemon Bar Mix, eggs/egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar
Nutrition Facts ( 1 slice): 362 calories, 16 grams fat, 67 milligrams cholesterol, 307 grams sodium, 50 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein
Photo by Getty Images
For Lemon Pie
- 1 package Krusteaz Lemon Bar Mix (1 pouch each lemon filling mix and complete crust)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup water
For the Meringue
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- For the Pie: Press full pouch of complete crust firmly into bottom of lightly greased 9-inch pie pan or 8x8-inch pan. Bake 8 minutes (crust will be pale).
- In medium bowl, whisk full pouch lemon filling mix, water and whole eggs together until well-blended. Pour over hot crust. Bake 22-26 minutes or until center does not jiggle when shaken and top begins to brown.
- For the meringue: Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until it becomes frothy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread over baked pie. Return to oven; bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve pie warm, or chill if served as a bar.
Makes 1 pie or 16, 2-inch bars.
In addition to this delicious pie recipe, check out these other tasty desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth