Like the title suggests, grandma’s famous peanut butter cookies have made a name for themselves. Soft, chewy, and delivering that delicious peanut butter flavor, these cookies are just how “big mama” made them.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 JIF peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine vegetable shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and salt together and beat until mixture becomes smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking soda. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture while beating.
- Roll 3 tablespoon-size portions of the dough into a ball in your hands and press to 1/2-inch flat on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes to allow cookies to stiffen slightly.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS