Incorporating the delicious combination of sweet potatoes, brown sugar and marshmallows, this homemade sweet potato casserole with marshmallows will certainly give everyone something to be thankful for!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add cubed sweet potatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer sweet potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are noticeably tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract; mix well. Incorporate cooked sweet potatoes and use a hand mixer to mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Transfer potatoes to baking dish and using a spoon smooth out the mixture to even out in layers. Top with miniature marshmallows.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until marshmallows are toasted and golden brown. Remove from oven when done and serve hot.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS