While this recipe is meant to feed a large family or party, these cookies are so good that you may attempt to eat the whole sheet by yourself. We can’t advise on either route; we’ll just let your taste buds make the decision making for you.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Combine and melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a medium saucepan.
- 3. In a large bowl sift and combine cake mix, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- 4. In a separate bowl incorporate white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- 5. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- 6. Stir in the sifted ingredients with the chocolate/egg mixture, along with sour cream. Last (but of course not least) mix in the chocolate chips.
- 7. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and and scoop rounded, 3-inch mixture balls onto the sheet. Depending on what size your cookie balls actually come out to, you may need an extra cookie sheet.
- 8. Place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges begin to turn dark brown.
- 9. Take cookies out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS