This delicious chicken tortilla soup recipe is a timeless classic for all comfort food lovers out there. An ensemble of chicken breasts, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and other delicious ingredients come together to make the ultimate dish that you will love from the first bite.
- ▢ 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño peppers (diced and seeded)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 pieces boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed red tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans (drained)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large lime (cut into thin slices)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- juice from 1 large lime (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Incorporate onions, minced garlic and jalapeño pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breasts, ground cumin, chili powder, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn; stir to combine. Simmer soup for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove chicken from soup and shred into thin strips. Add back to the pot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. When done spoon soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, sliced lime and sliced avocado. Add lime juice for added flavor if you prefer and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS