Try this oven baked million dollar penne pasta recipe for your next dinner. With layers of sauce, pasta, ground beef and gooey mozzarella cheese, you’ll see why they call it million dollar pasta.
- 1 (16 oz.) box penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Bertolli Tomato & Basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 oz.) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook penne pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Transfer to a bowl and mix spaghetti sauce into ground beef.
- Place half the butter into the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Spread half the penne into the dish. Mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream together in a bowl; spread mixture over pasta. Layer remaining penne over the creamy mixture and top with remaining half of butter.
- Pour ground beef mixture over penne and spread to cover casserole. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spread mozzarella cheese over casserole and continue baking until cheese has melted and is lightly browned, about 15 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving and pair with a salad and/or garlic bread as an option. Enjoy!
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS