Try this oven baked million dollar penne pasta recipe for your next dinner. With layers of sauce, pasta, ground beef and gooey mozzarella/parmesan cheese, you’ll see why they call it million dollar pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Bertolli traditional marinara sauce
- 16 oz. package of penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large skillet, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 until fragrant.
- Add beef and pork and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add marinara sauce and basil, stirring to combine. Simmer mixture for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, combine, ricotta, sour cream, egg and 1 cup mozzarella, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain when pasta is al dente (soft). Lightly grease a 9 x13 casserole dish and spoon a layer of meat sauce on the bottom.
- Add the pasta evenly over the meat sauce. Spoon the remainder of the meat sauce over top of pasta and layer the cheese mixture over the meat sauce. Cover with the remaining Parmesan followed by remaining 2 cups of mozzarella. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley or basil over top. Serve and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS