For this pan fried Tandoori fish tikka recipe you’re granted delicious tilapia with out of this world flavor. An extremely popular dish in various parts of India, this recipe is one of the easiest dishes that can be made at home.
Recipe Adapted from Easy Cooking with Molly
Photo: Mychko Alexander/Shutterstock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon besan
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon kasoori
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 tilapia fish fillet
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- vegetable oil for frying
- Rice flour for dusting
- Combine masala powders, chili powder, ginger paste, besan, jeera, and kasoori and mix. Add spices to the Greek yogurt along with lemon juice and mustard oil and mix well until creamy. When done set aside.
- Cut and clean tilapia fillets and poke holes in fish. Apply a little salt and turmeric and set aside for 15 minutes. Apply marinade onto the tilapia and make sure to coat well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for minimum of 30 minutes. When ready to cook heat oil in a frying pan until hot. Take a slice of marinated fish and sprinkle a little rice flour on both the sides . Place the fish pieces carefully into the pan and fry it for 5 minutes on each side until done. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the tilapia.
- Remove from the pan and drain off the excess oil on kitchen towel or tissue. Let cool for 5 minutes or so before serving, pairing it with stew or your choice of sauce and vegetables.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS