Set your meat in and don’t worry about it for the rest of the day with this Shiner Bock beef stew with grilled veggies. With the utility of a slow cooker, you can get dinner started in the morning, go about your day, and come home to a delicious, hot supper already prepared.
ABOUT THE RECIPEKnow before you eat
As mentioned above, this is one dish that you can set it and forget it. While some people are fearful of the long cooking time, the preparation is actually quite simple. Aside from browning the beef and adding selecting ingredients to the slow cooker, practically the rest of the cooking time is hands off.
With the Shiner Bock beer it adds to flavor to the beef stew and gives it somewhat of a sultry lift with a spicy note. If you prefer you can prepare your stew the night before by prepping everything needed and putting the slow cooker in refrigerate to chill overnight.
Shiner Bock Beef Stew With Grilled Veggies
Main Ingredients: lean beef meat, Shiner Bock beer, beef flavor bouillon granule, brown sugar, Dijon mustard
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 268 calories, 8 grams total fat, 86 milligrams cholesterol, 165 milligrams sodium, 21 grams carbohydrates, 29 grams protein
Whether cooking on the grill or other sources of heat, check out these other great recipes the next time you’re sinking your teeth into some beef
- Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs (Anticuchos)
- Beef Nachos Supreme Platter
- Oven Broiled Cranberry and Pineapple Short Ribs
- Copycat Johnny Rockets Original Single Burger
Photo by Getty Images
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds lean beef meat
- 3 cups onions
- 3 cups green and red bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef flavored bullion granule
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 cups Shiner Bock beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and brown beef on each side for 3-5 minutes.
2. Place browned beef in a slow cooker and let rest. Add in onions, bell peppers and garlic to skillet and brown lightly. Once done, place in slow cooker along with beef.
3. Add water, beef granules, thyme, Shiner Bock beer, brown sugar and mustard to slow cooker. Gently stir to mix all components together.
4. Cover pot and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours. Add cornstarch mixture to stew and continue to cook 20 minutes or until stew mix has thickened.
5. Plate and serve with rice or potatoes.
Hope you enjoy all the food recipes, drink suggestions and other recommendations that Dirty Napkins has to offer. Feel free to share every recipe you see hear and comment in the section below. We would certainly love to hear your feedback!