This whiskey smash cocktail is a refreshing combination of bourbon, lemon juice and mint. Sweetened by simple syrup, you’re presented with a citrus cocktail that sure to quench your thirst.
- a couple of spearmint leaves for taste
- 1/2 lemon (cut into eigths)
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. bourbon whiskey
- mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine spearmint leaves and cut lemon pieces. Muddle thoroughly to release the juices and oils.
- Add the simple syrup and bourbon and fill the shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a mint sprig. Serve and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Total Wine & More
OTHER drink SUGGESTIONS