Photo by Getty Images
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 16 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 8 oz. package wide egg noodles (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl combine pork, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp salt and caraway seeds; using hands or a wooden spoon to blend well. Shape into 1 1/2" balls.
- In a 12" skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add meatballs; cook about 12 minutes, turning frequently until well browned on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove meatballs to plate. With the drippings in the skillet, add onion, green pepper and paprika;
cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender and well coated with paprika.
- Return meatballs to skillet, along with tomatoes and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir sour cream into meatball mixture; remove from heat. Serve with noodles arranged on a plate and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.
If you prefer you can always substitute veal for pork
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS