Barbecue baked country style ribs are a great alternative to preparing to the traditional outdoor way of cooking ribs. Still packed with lots of flavor thanks to a delicious rub mix and a coating of your choice of barbecue sauce.
Recipe adapted from Tornadough Alli
Photo: Baworn Srisatjalertwaja/Shutterstock
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 lbs. country style ribs
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (or any sauce of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all rub ingredients in a small bowl and place ribs on an aluminum lined baking sheet to prep for coating.
- Sprinkle ribs with rub, coating all sides. Cover ribs with an additional sheet of tinfoil and place sheet pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 2 hours.
- After the initial 2 hours have elapsed, take ribs out of the oven and liberally baste ribs with barbecue sauce. Place ribs back in the oven for an additional 30 minutes, periodically checking for tenderness. Increase or reduce cooking time as needed.
- Remove ribs from oven and baste with more barbecue sauce for an additional layer of coating. Serve and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS