This marinated beef and broccoli is a classic Asian dish that is both delicious and satisfying. No matter the occasion, this dish is always a slam dunk.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
Prepare to bring everyone’s favorite (almost everyone’s) takeout food to the kitchen with this Asian classic. This simple and delicious recipe for classic marinated beef and broccoli is comparable to other Asian favorites with a rich flavor profile and a savory taste.
Comprised of ingredients such as lean beef, seasonal vegetables, sesame oil, soy and hoisin sauce, you’ll be immersed in all the amazing flavorings for a tasty ethnic meal. Once your mouth stops watering uncontrollably, grab a plate and dig in.
Classic Marinated Beef and Broccoli
Main Ingredients: lean beef, broccoli spears or seasonal veggies, eggs, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame seed oil
Nutrition Facts ( 1 serving): 286 calories, 8 grams total fat, 84 milligrams cholesterol, 22 grams carbohydrates, 31 grams protein
How to Prepare
Combine egg, salt, cooking wine, cornstarch and water for the marinade mix. Add oil and sliced beef to marinade and let soak for 30-60 minutes.
Prepare your wok and add beef to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly cooked through. Set aside and cook broccoli (or seasonal veggies) until cooked through. Add garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add in beef and mix together.
Make a well in the middle of the wok and add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. If desired add cornstarch to thicken the sauce while mixing. Serve hot with rice or noodles.
If you were fan of this dish, check out these other classic Asian recipes that’ll be better than any other takeout you’ll get today.
- Juicy Chicken With Sweet Lemon Sauce
- Spicy Chinese Chicken Tacos
- Simple and Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Breast With Orange Glaze and Citrus Butter Sauce
Marinade for Beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound lean beef (sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup oil (plus an additional 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pound broccoli spears
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2/4 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (if desired)
- Combine the egg, salt, cooking wine, cornstarch and water in a medium and mix. Add sliced beef to marinade for 30 minutes
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil to beef marinade, mixing in to combine, and marinate beef for another 30 minutes.
- Heat wok and add 1 cup of oil. When oil is ready, add beef and cook for 5-6 minutes until it is nearly cooked. Remove beef and set aside on a plate. Drain the wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Add 1/2 cup water to wok. Bring the water to a boil and add the broccoli. Cover and cook until broccoli is cooked through. Drain the wok.
- Heat wok and add the additional 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add in beef and mix together.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. If desired add cornstarch to thicken the sauce while mixing.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles.
Comment below on your thoughts of this dish…