What’s more American than the American hamburger? With the Johnny Rockets Original single burger, you’ll be sure to get a taste of that American heritage in every bite. Like the website states, this is the one that started it all.
“From my personal experience, the best way to create that mouthwatering balance of beef and cheese is to grill the meat with the cheese on top. A true cheeseburger connoisseur will wait until the meat is fully cooked, then add a slice of cheese and cover for 30 seconds so that the cheese melts perfectly.”
– Mike Shumsky, former Johnny Rockets chairman and chief executive officer
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
With the cheeseburger being an American icon, it’s no wonder that it’s the most popular food item eaten in the states. With a slew of burger joints and chains across the country, you can bet to see at least one place slanging beef and buns in pretty much any U.S city.
One franchise you may have the pleasure of coming in contact with is Johnny Rockets. Founded in 1986, Johnny Rockets are known for their 1950′ themed decor in all their diners, their delicious burgers and amazing special sauce.
Copycat Johnny Rockets Original Single Burger
Main Ingredients (For the Burger): Ground beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions
For the Special Sauce: Thousand Island dressing, Dijon mustard, Tabasco sauce
Nutrition Facts ( 1 burger): 350 calories, 16 grams total fat, 630 milligrams sodium, 35 grams carbohydrates, 17 grams protein
Note: Like any burger, you can easily substitute any ingredients you want to add or omit from your sandwich.
For the special sauce
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a couple drops of Tabasco Hot Sauce
For The Burger
- 1 pound fresh ground beef, pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 pair of burger buns
- fresh shredded lettuce
- slices of ripe tomato
- onions (sliced)
- In a small bowl combine thousand island dressing, dijon mustard and hot sauce and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Break up your ground beef into 4-quarter pound patties and season them with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place burgers on preheated grill or skillet and cook burgers according to your preference of doneness. Place cheese on top and cover for another 30 seconds.
- Place burgers on a plate lined with paper towel for 2-3 minutes before putting on bun. Spread buns with special sauce.
- Place burger in buns and construct with your preference of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and other toppings of your choice. Put extra special sauce on top of burgers if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 350Total Fat: 16gSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 17g
In addition to this delicious copycat, here are some other tasty burgers and American dishes