This easy chicken mole recipe is a simple ethnic dish that everyone around the kitchen will instantly fall in love with. While authentic mole requires over 20 special ingredients including dried chili peppers, spices, nuts, raisins and chocolate, this is an easier version you can emulate at home within an hour.
- 2 cups Dona Maria Mole Mexican Sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 lbs. bone-in chicken breasts/thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Pat chicken breasts/thighs dry with paper towels and remove any excess skin.
- Place chicken pieces in a roasting pan, skin-side up. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 160 degrees and the juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat. Add vegetable oil and add the mole sauce; break up with a wooden spoon and cover the bottom of the pan. Add one cup of chicken stock at a time and whisk to blend in, smoothing out any lumps that may form.
- Continue adding the remaining chicken stock slowly until it reaches a thick, pourable, smooth sauce. Keep stirring over medium low heat until the chicken is ready.
- Transfer the roasted chicken to the skillet with the mole sauce. Turn the pieces over to coat all sides and simmer over medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart