Feel like you’re in the “Big Easy” with this fried catfish po’ boy sandwich. Combined with a delicious remoulade sauce, this sandwich will be your next lunch favorite.
ABOUT THE RECIPEKnow before you eat
If you’re a fan of seafood and a good sandwich, then you’re in for a treat. Take the best of both worlds with this Southern-style po’ boy stuffed with crispy-coated U.S. farm-raised catfish and topped with yummy remoulade sauce. Give it about 10 minutes, and this delicious sandwich goes from concept to in your belly.
Fried Catfish Po’ Boy Sandwich with Remoulade Sauce
Main Ingredients: (For fish) U.S. farm raised catfish, hoagie bread, eggs, breadcrumbs
(For remoulade) mayonnaise, ketchup, whole grain mustard, scallion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce
Nutrition Facts (1 sandwich): 318 calories, 12 grams total fat, 66 milligram cholesterol, 32 grams carbohydrates, 25 grams protein
Want more delicious seafood? Check out these other great recipes for tasty fish and shrimp dishes to help curb that appetite
- Grilled Lemon Shrimp And Mushrooms
- Grilled Halibut With Sweet And Spicy Pear Salsa
- Wild Shrimp with Turmeric-Lime Sauce
- Lemon Glazed Snapper With Grilled Asparagus
Check out these drink suggestions to wash down your fantastic fare
- Dune Buggy Cocktail Recipe
- The Cactus Bite Cocktail
- The Cabo Cocktail Recipe
- The Classic Gimlet Gin Cocktail
For The Remoulade Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For The Sandwich
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 U.S. farm raised catfish
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pieces of hoagie bread (or 8 slices of thin deli bread)
1. In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients for the remoulade sauce. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. In separate shallow bowls, place egg in one and Italian breadcrumbs in the other. Dip each catfish fillet into egg, then coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the fillets, a few at a time, until golden brown and opaque in the center (about 3 to 4 minutes on each side). Drain fillets on paper towels and allow to cool.
4. Take each slice of your hoagie or deli bread and smear each side with remoulade sauce prepared from earlier. Layer with your choice of toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, onions, roasted red peppers, and cheese. Top with catfish fillet and add more remoulade sauce if desired. Enjoy.
Comment below on your thoughts of this dish…