What can be said about this grilled salmon with garlic lemon butter sauce? Deliciously pan seared salmon, paired with a yummy garlic lemon butter sauce and goes great with a bevy of sides. What’s best of all, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes!
Recipe Adapted from Karina Carrel/Cafe Delites
Photo: Petr Goskov/Shutterstock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets; skin off
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon all over with a liberal amount of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sear in skillet for 5 minutes, flesh-side down, and then flip over and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the other side. If needed, you can cook the salmon in 2 separate batches. Once cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt and add minced garlic. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Pour in dry white wine and reduce to half, while scraping off any bits off at the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in heavy whipping cream and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with additional salt and pepper to your taste. Add Parmesan cheese and allow sauce to gently simmer for an additional minute or so until the cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Add salmon back into the skillet, sprinkling with parsley. Serve and enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, steamed vegetables or a combination of all three.
If you don't have dry white wine handy, you can substitute chicken broth for the white wine if needed.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS