Recipe for Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs (Anticuchos)
Photo by Getty Images
- 4 to 6 medium jalapeno peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red chile
- 1 large sirloin steak, about 2-3 pounds
- In a blender or food processor, grind the jalapenos and peeled garlic to a pulp. Add all the other ingredients, except the meat, and blend well.
- Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl, and cover with the marinade. Marinate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Place the meat on skewers and cook on a grill over medium heat for 10 minutes, basting frequently with the marinade sauce. Serve with warm flour tortillas or pair with cilantro rice..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 14gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 15g
In addition to this recipe, try these other delicious suggestions