If you can’t swing a trip to Chicago for the pizza anytime soon, no need to worry. This quick and easy deep dish pizza is one you can make right at home. It may not be from the “Windy City”, but it’s the next best thing that still packs a satisfying bite!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, olives, etc.)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar, salt, vegetable oil and all-purpose flower; beat with a fork for 25 strokes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Press dough evenly in a greased deep dish baking pan and up the sides about half way. Spread with pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese and toppings. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS