The perfect amount of spice, sweet, and sour culminate in this kicked up spicy cole slaw recipe. For your next barbecue or cookout, make sure to include this treat on the menu.
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded cole slaw mix
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 red jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- several dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce (or any hot sauce of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Pinch kosher salt
In a large bowl, mix together all the slaw ingredients. Allow to sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Serve alone or on top of sandwiches.
If you prefer a less spicy version for your cole slaw, you may omit jalapenos and hot sauce from this recipe.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS