When you think of classic childhood treats, it’s hard to not think about crispy rice cereal marshmallow bars. This iconic, delicious snack has been a staple amongst kids and parents alike for generations, and this recipe brings the nostalgia home to your kitchen.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups "Rice Krispies" cereal
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once butter has melted add in 4 cups of the marshmallows and stir. Reduce heat to LOW and continue to stir marshmallows until completely melted.
- Add in vanilla extract and stir until well incorporated. Remove from heat and lastly add in the cereal and remaining 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Pour rice krispies mix into a 9" nonstick square baking pan, lined with parchment paper. LIGHTLY press mixture with your fingertips to spread and fill out the pan. Be sure not to handle the mix too much to avoid overhardening.
- Let set and cool completely for about 1 hour before cutting. Cut into 16 small square bars and enjoy!
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS