Tasty recipe for oven baked glazed almonds with dried fruit. Delicious, healthy, and absolutely the best smell that will hit your nose when roasted nearby.
ABOUT THE RECIPEThe ins, the outs, the goods…
A sweet, crunchy (and somewhat healthy) snack awaits you in the form of these oven baked glazed almonds. During the colder months of the year, there’s no better smell in the air than that of nuts roasting on a fire. The aroma is absolutely amazing and you can smell it for miles on out.
You too can have that smell wafting through your place thanks to this recipe. Comprised of just a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll be having your place smell like a sugary, nutty wonderland in no time. They’re perfect as a snack, or even to give away as a holiday gift!
Oven Baked Glazed Almonds With Dried Fruit
Main Ingredients: Natural almonds, dried fruit (berries, cherries, mango, apricot, etc.), brown sugar, cinnamon
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 123 calories, 8 grams fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 11 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams sugar, 4 grams protein
Best time to eat: Generally eaten as a snack, either earlier in the morning or in the afternoon
Everybody needs a nice little snack to take with them while they’re on the go. Try these other eats when you need a little bite on the move.
- Pear Yogurt Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- Cherry Smoothie Recipe
- Spice Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars
- Easy Bean and Garlic Dip
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole blanched or natural almonds
- 1 cup dried berries, cherries, cranberries, mango, apricot, apple, pear or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, water, ground cinnamon, and salt. Cook until sugar dissolves, then stir in almonds.
- Spread almonds onto foil and bake 25 to 35 minutes, stirring once, until almonds are golden (cut one open to test). Transfer almonds on foil to a rack to cool completely for 10 minutes.
- Loosen with a spatula and combine with dried fruit in a bowl. Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Hope you enjoy all the food recipes, drink suggestions and other recommendations that Dirty Napkins has to offer. Feel free to share every recipe you see hear and comment in the section below. We would certainly love to hear your feedback!