Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- olive oil for cooking
- 2 lbs. lamb shoulder (cut into small pieces)
- 10 sun-dried tomato strips
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- hot water
- 10-12 fresh baby artichokes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add lamb pieces one by one and brown liberally on all sides (about 5-6 minutes).
- Reduce heat and add sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, chili flakes and white wine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until wine has nearly evaporated.
- Add hot water to the pan and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer on low heat for 40-50 minutes, or until lamb pieces become tender.
- Add artichokes 30 minutes into the simmering process as fresh artichokes take longer to cook. If using frozen artichokes add them in around the same time when you start cooking the lamb. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more hot water if needed to prevent stew from drying out. Once done serve in a small bowl and enjoy.
Find everything you need for this recipe at Instacart