Photo by Adrien Sala
- 3 pounds clams
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine (preferably one on the sweeter side)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- In a large saute pan melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add in garlic to the butter and saute for 30-45 seconds or until the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add white wine and lemon juice and bring everything to a boil (1-2 minutes). Proceed to add clams and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to the pan.
- Cover pan with a lid and steam clams for 10 minutes, or until all the clams have appeared opened. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle clams with parsley.
- Either keep clams in the saute pan or transfer dish to a large serving plate/bowl. Decorate with the sliced lemons around the edge of the clams and garnish with additional parsley if preferred.
If you’re in the mood for a more adventurous approach to your fare, let Kayak help you get there!
In addition to these delicious clams, here are some other seafood recommendations that are also great dishes as well