A delicious combination of mango and chia seeds can be a tasty start or end to your day.
Photo by Monika Grabkowska
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 drops rose essence
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus additional 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons mango pulp
- 4-6 mango slices
- In medium bowl, soak chia seeds in 1 cup water and add cardamom pods and rose essence. Cover them both with a lid or paper towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes have elapsed you should notice that all the water has been absorbed by chia seeds and have swelled up to more than double in size.
- Add frozen mango chunks, 1 cup whipping cream and water in a blender and blend on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy mousse texture is achieved. Add honey and blend it again for 30 seconds.
- In soaked chia seeds, add mango puree and mix well. Don't forget to remove cardamom pods from chia seeds.
- In clear glass/cup, make layers of Chia seeds mixture and add Mango mousse mixture. If you prefer chill in refrigerator until entire mixture is well chilled and ready to eat.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and mango slice and serve.
OTHER FOOD SUGGESTIONS