Here’s a mouthwatering recipe for Whole Wheat Dill Bread, which has a satisfying savory flavor.
ABOUT THE RECIPEBecause knowledge is power
We know it’s possible to devour carbs and still do it in a somewhat healthy manner. This whole wheat dill bread certainly helps you check most of those boxes. It’s a simple bread to make, and loaded with flavor that you might not think firsthand when it comes to wheat bread. Accompanied with fragrant dill seed, cottage cheese and honey, this is one bread recipe that you’ll enjoy. While obviously not as much of a detriment to nutritional value like traditional white bread, we’re not saying to dive head first into a loaf by yourself. Moderation is always the best approach to anything carb based. Although here at Dirty, we most definitely won’t judge you if you decide to!
Whole Wheat Dill Bread Recipe
Main Ingredients: Dry yeast, whole wheat flour, cottage cheese, honey, dill seed, eggs, dehydrated onions
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 167 calories, 3 grams fat, 349 mg sodium, 40 mg potassium, 3 grams sugar, 31 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams of protein
Recipe Notes: Cooking times may vary due to the amount of time to let bread rise and cooking strength of oven.
Since you already have bread on the mind, why don’t you take a look at some of these other recipes that bring on the carbs and and good eating with it.
- Delicious Banana Wheat Streusel Muffins
- Amazing Stuffed French Toast w/ Raspberries
- Tuscan Style French Toast Casserole
- Baked Breakfast Bread Bowls
Photo by Getty Images
- 1 envelope (2-1/4 teaspoon) dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dill seed
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast envelope in water; add sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese, butter, honey, dill, onion, salt, baking soda and eggs; mix well. Add 3 cups of flour; stir until combined.
- Stir in remaining cup of flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a clean towel or greased plastic wrap. Place over a bowl of hot water in an unheated (cool) oven. Let rise 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Remove from oven, punch down dough and divide in half. Shape each half into a loaf and place in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover.
- Return dough to unheated (cool) oven with a fresh bowl of hot water underneath on a separate rack and let rise one hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove dough again from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
Dirty Napkins is appreciative for you enjoying the recipes you find and cook with on this site. Feel free to comment, rate and share everything you come across here. We truly value your interaction.