For a simple and easy treat, try your hand at this quick and cheesy applesauce toast dessert. This is a great little nibble that you and the family will sure to enjoy.
ABOUT THE RECIPEKnow before you eat
I know this particular treat may not sound like your idea of a tasty dessert. Most treats on here are either composed of chocolate, fresh fruit, whipped cream and other delicious classic goodies. But pivoting off the usual and trying something different may open your palate to new possibilities.
Comparable to french toast, this little piece fuses together the wonderful sweetness of applesauce and sugar with the cheese of your choice to give it a delicious savory profile.
Quick and Cheesy Applesauce Toast Dessert
Main Ingredients: Bread (toast), applesauce, Provolone cheese, sugar, nutmeg
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 141 calories, 7 grams total fat, 9 milligram cholesterol, 23 grams carbohydrates, 13 grams sugar, 6 grams protein
Best time to eat: Although this is classified as a dessert, you can of course have it for breakfast or anytime of day as a snack
In addition to this delightful treat, check out these other delicious bites to tickle your sweet tooth.
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Fudgy Fig Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Delicious Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- Delicious Golden Brown Banana Wheat Streusel Muffins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 pieces toast
- 4 slices Provolone cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- Add sugar and nutmeg to applesauce.
- Put applesauce on toast, about 3 tablespoons on each piece of toast.
- Lay a slice of cheese over the toast. Bake in a moderate oven until the cheese melts (about 3-5 minutes). Serve hot and enjoy.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 13gProtein: 6g
If this recipe for toast gets you in the mood for breakfast, then check out these suggestions for your next meal in the A.M.
- Amazing Stuffed French Toast With Raspberries
- Baked Breakfast Bread Bowls
- Ham and Egg Casserole Recipe
- Tuscan Style French Toast Casserole
In addition, check out more delicious snack ideas here. Also comment below if you enjoyed this treat and other recipes on Dirty Napkins. Thank you!